Saturday, March 5, 2022

Let's get it started

     The consistent blog posts are to document the progress made for my Cambridge Media studies project. To begin, I have recruited a couple of my friends to be sort of a "team" for this project. So, I have a cast, music producer, and any more people I may need to assist in the production of this film opening. Once I got hop I printed out every paper I needed for guidance on how to approach the project and hung it up on my wall to sit in my face. Said wall is shown below: 


    Eventually, I plan to add other things related to the project, but for now, the basic idea is still in the making. Within the past week, I have been researching what I think would be the best option along with the most interesting thing to produce and the final decision was to be a psychological thriller. The attributes of this genre deal with mystery, action, drama, suspense, and usually elicit a sense of paranoia in the viewers. There a murder going to be involved along with the 2000-2010s time period for costume and style.  
    Some of the most popular psychological thrillers are television shows like "YOU" or "The Lie". I have watched them and the basic idea of it keeping you on edge is there along with having an impending storyline. I want to keep the same idea for the film opening. I want to introduce the characters along with their roles while also leaving room for the viewer to ponder what is gonna happen. While planning this out sometimes I forget I am not filming a movie, rather a 2-minute opener, so I think one of the biggest challenges at the moment is to be able to convey what the "movie" is about in the opener when my team and I have so many ideas that need to be incorporated into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind Me

      We made it! It's finally time for this to go in. Frankly, it was quite a struggle but overall a great experience. The last-minute ...